Acceptance of Terms; Modification to Terms.
Thank you for visiting Glass Skins. Glass Skins provides its website and services (collectively the “site”) subject to the following terms of service (“Terms”).
We may modify the Terms at any time. You should review these Terms from time to time so that you understand the terms and conditions of your use of the site. If you do not agree to any amendment of these Terms, you must immediately stop using the Site. Your continued use of the site after any modification to these Terms constitutes acceptance of the amended Terms. If you ever have any questions about these Terms, please do not hesitate to contact us.
If you are accessing the site, you must be 18 years and older to use the site. Glass Skins does not specifically collect information about children and the website is not directed to children. If we learn that Glass Skins has collected information from a child under the applicable age, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you are under the required age, we will only process your information upon receipt of verified consent from a parent or legal guardian. We recommend that anyone under the applicable age required by law, ask and receive their parents’ permission before using Glass Skins or sending information about themselves or anyone else over the Internet.
If any provision of this Agreement is invalid, illegal or unenforceable under any applicable statute or rule of law, such provision shall be deemed amended to achieve as nearly as possible the same economic effect as the original provision and the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall in no way be affected or impaired.
Glass Skins shall have no liability for any failure or delay resulting from any condition beyond the reasonable control of Glass Skins, including but not limited to governmental action or acts of terrorism, earthquake, fire, flood or other acts of God, labour conditions, power failures and Internet disturbances.
This Agreement will be governed by the laws of Queensland Australia. Glass Skins may elect to resolve any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Terms or the site by binding arbitration in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Act and you hereby agree to consent to such arbitration. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in Brisbane, Australia, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. Either party may seek any interim or preliminary relief from a court of competent jurisdiction in Brisbane, Australia, necessary to protect the rights or the property of you or Glass Skins (or its Representatives), pending the completion of arbitration.
Customers shipping into the European Union (EU) who have a problem with their purchase that was not resolved by Glass Skins’ customer service department and wish to lodge a complaint should contact the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution service.
Member Account, Password
If you register on the site, you will receive an email confirming the creation of a Glass Skins account. Activating your account requires the creation of a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to (a) immediately notify Glass Skins of any unauthorised use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. Glass Skins cannot be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with Section 2.
You acknowledge that Glass Skins is an automated web service that gives you the power to upload your own designs as one-of-a-kind. Given the automated nature of the service, Glass Skins is not able to review all Content that is uploaded to the Site. However, Glass Skins and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to review and to reject or remove any Content that is available via the site. Upon placing any order through the site you acknowledge that Glass Skins may review it and the Content it contains for adherence to our guidelines and compliance with the terms and conditions set forth in these Terms. Without limiting the foregoing, Glass Skins and its designees shall have the right to refuse and fulfil any order for any reason and to remove any Content that violates the Terms or is otherwise objectionable to us. Glass Skins shall have the right, at its exclusive discretion to remove Content and/or suspend user accounts that violate these Terms or Glass Skins policies. Glass Skins reserves the right to amend the Terms and its policies described above from time to time at its sole discretion.
You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for the creation and compilation of your Content, and that neither Glass Skins nor any other party involved with the production of any product incorporating such Content, assumes that responsibility. Glass Skins production of any product depicting your Content shall be pursuant to your order and specification and Glass Skins shall merely function as a printer of such products. Glass Skins production of any product depicting your Content, does not indicate that Glass Skins accepts, approves of or endorses the Content, that the Content complies with applicable laws, or that you are absolved of any liability or harm arising from the use of the Content.
You hereby agree to waive any claims against Glass Skins and its affiliates, contractors, agents, third party service providers and employees (collectively, “Representatives”) for losses, damages and injuries which are based on or relate to communications or materials made available to the site or posted on the site, including other Content, by other users and persons other than Glass Skins or its Representatives.
You represent and warrant that all contact and personal information provided to Glass Skins during the registration process and otherwise shall be accurate and complete. If there are any changes to your contact information, you shall promptly update your registration information with Glass Skins.
When you upload photographs, designs, drawings, text or other content (“Content”) to the site, you keep your copyright and any other intellectual property rights you may have in the Content. You also control the account settings that determine whether or not your Content can be shared or sold through the site. In order to maintain and provide the site, Glass Skins is required to be able to copy, crop, modify, reproduce, display and distribute your Content worldwide. Glass Skins will only perform these actions to the extent necessary to provide the site. By submitting Content to, or utilising the site, you grant Glass Skins a royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide, transferable license to modify, copy, sell, display, distribute and create derivative works of the Content and the goods created from or based on such Content so long as such process is an essential step of the site. By default, all Content uploaded to the site is not available to the public unless you specifically signify the Content as public. In addition to making your Content available to public, you may also elect to make Content available for sale on the site by agreeing to the terms of the Seller’s Agreement. If you choose to make Content public and/or available for sale on the site, you can also choose to remove them from sale or make the Content private at any time.
By making your Content public on the site, you give Glass Skins the right to display or print your Content, including photographing goods made from that Content, for use in materials used to help market both the site and the designers who use the site. Be aware that Google and other search engines will also index public designs and the information included in public user profiles.
By uploading Content to the site you represent and warrant that:
- You have the lawful right to reproduce and distribute such Content;
- The Content does not violate any copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right of any third party;
- The Content complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations and ordinances;
- The Content does not invade any individual’s right of privacy or celebrity;
- The Content is not unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, vulgar, harassing, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, inflammatory, libellous, tortious, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
- The Content does not comprise or consist of, or suggest hate speech in any form. Hate speech shall include any content that implies violence or hatred against individuals or groups based on certain characteristics, such as race, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, age or sexual orientation.
In using this site, you also agree:
- Not to impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Not to upload, download, post, email or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, or any other form of solicitation;
- Not to upload, download, post, email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Not to upload, download, post, email or otherwise transmit false or misleading information;
- Not to disrupt or interfere with the security of, or otherwise abuse, the site, or any services, system resources, accounts, servers, or networks connected to or accessible through the site or affiliated or linked websites.
- Not to access, tamper with or use non-public areas of the site. Unauthorised individuals attempting to access these areas of the site may be subject to prosecution;
- Not to disrupt or interfere with any other user’s enjoyment of the site or affiliated or linked websites, including without limitation, through any trolling, belligerent or antagonistic behaviour towards other users or Glass Skins representatives;
- Not to collect or store personal information about any other use of the site.
Disputes with Others: Should a dispute arise between you and another user or a third party, Glass Skins urges you to contact the user or third party to resolve the dispute amicably. You can report disputes with other users to Glass Skins, although Glass Skins cannot guarantee that it will pursue a particular action on your behalf. You may also report, if it is appropriate, a dispute to law enforcement or a certified mediation or arbitration entity, as applicable.
You hereby release Glass Skins (and Glass Skins officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) from any and all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with disputes with one or more users, or an outside party.
Glass Skins has developed an application program interface (API) that will enable approved third-party websites and software to interact with the site and upload Content, view publicly available Content and/or order products utilising Content that is made available for sale through the site. You acknowledge and agree that any information or Content that you make publicly available on the site may be accessed and used by these third-party sites.
If you choose to make your profile public, your name, screen name and public contact information will be displayed on the site to other users. Glass Skins is not liable for damage incurred due to use of personal data posted in a public profile or public designs on the site.
Glass Skins knows that you care about your personal information and we take privacy very seriously. Please read our policy carefully before submitting any personal information to us. By visiting or using the Glass Skins website (the “website” or “site”), you are accepting the practices outlined in this policy.
Children Under 18 Years of Age
If you are accessing the site, you must be 18 years and older to register to use the site. Glass Skins does not specifically collect information about children and the website is not directed to children. If we learn that Glass Skins has collected information from a child under the applicable age, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you are under the required age, we will only process your information upon receipt of verified consent from a parent or legal guardian. We recommend that anyone under the applicable age required by law, ask and receive their parents’ permission before using Glass Skins or sending information about themselves or anyone else over the Internet.
Information Collected by Glass Skins and How It Is Used
We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our website, which is to enable creative people to print and share designs. This information allows us to provide you with a customized and efficient experience, inform you about new products and creative ideas, to remember your preferences, to provide for the security of our site and users, to process transactions and perform under agreements between you and Glass Skins, and to improve our services. We do not process this information in a way that is incompatible with these objectives. The following summarizes the types of information we collect from Glass Skins visitors:
- Information You Provide to Us:
- We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way (e.g. via e-mail, fax, etc.). You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our features.
- Registration: In order for you to use some Glass Skins services, such as viewing order history and saving custom designs, you must complete a registration form. As part of this registration form, we require you to provide certain personal information, such as your email address and to select a unique screen name that will be used to identify you throughout the site.
- Profile: To allow you to express yourself more creatively, we may enable you to provide additional information, such as a bio, favourite links, and profiles on other sites. In addition, you may choose to include photos of yourself in your profile. As indicated below, in the section titled “Sharing Your Information”, you can control how your information is displayed and used within the Glass Skins website.
- Purchases: If you purchase materials or other products or services from us, we will collect and use your shipping address, billing address, and phone number and credit card or other payment information to facilitate your purchases through our website. We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt the data you provide to us while placing an order with us online. In addition to encrypting your credit card information while it is transmitted to our payment gateway, for your security, we do not store credit card information in our database.
- Selling: If you elect to make any of your designs available for purchase by others through the site, we will ask you to provide your current address, e-mail address and certain tax information. This tax information may include, but is not limited to, your complete and correct name, (business name for legal entities), and tax ID, Social Security number or Tax Identification number (as applicable). We will use any tax information you provide to report earnings from any sales to the Australian Taxation Office (ATO).
- Automatic Information:
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. Glass Skins and its agents and third party providers automatically receive and record certain “traffic data” on their server logs from your browser including your IP address, the page you requested, how long you visit a page, how many times you visit a page, information you search for, browser type, browser language, and the date and time of your request. Glass Skins uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyse trends, monitor compliance with its Terms of Service, improve its service and administer the website.
- We have no access to, or control over, cookies stored on your computer by other third parties.
- Glass Skins may collect and, on any page, display the total counts that page has been viewed. This includes Profile pages.
- Many companies offer programs that help you to visit websites anonymously. While Glass Skins will not be able to provide the experience we hope to provide if we cannot recognise you, we encourage you to be aware that these programs are available.
- Glass Skins may use cookie data and certain pseudo anonymised data about use of the Glass Skins website and services to improve the quality and design of our website and services and we may track and analyse user preferences and trends to create new functions, promotions and services for the Glass Skins website. We may provide aggregated and statistical data about our users and use of our website and services to third parties for such purposes as Glass Skins may deem appropriate from time to time.
Except as expressly set forth herein, we will never provide your email address to an unaffiliated third party without your explicit permission, but we may use third party service providers who work on behalf of or with Glass Skins to provide services to you, which third parties may be granted access to your email address and other information in order to provide the services. For example, we use Mail Chimp, a third-party service, to maintain and administer our email list. We require that these parties agree to use such information solely for the purposes of providing Glass Skins’ services, that they take adequate measures to protect the security of the information, and we use reasonable efforts to limit their use or access to such information.
Glass Skins may send out emails with news, products, offers, surveys or promotions. You may also receive notification emails from Glass Skins that inform you of actions (e.g. message notifications) that have been performed on the site. If you do not want to receive email from us, please unsubscribe and/or follow the instructions contained in the unwanted e-mail message. However, please note that in all cases you will continue to receive all system emails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords or order confirmation emails) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us.
Sharing Your Information
Rest assured that we neither rent nor sell your personal information to any unaffiliated third parties for marketing purposes and that we will share your personal information only as described below.
- Glass Skins may share your information within its family of businesses / companies, to provide you with additional services and information relating to other products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Glass Skins data processors: Glass Skins partners with other service providers that provide support services to Glass Skins or that help Glass Skins market its products and services, administer our programs, operations, fulfil your requests, surveys, contests, and product reviews, or provide you with membership information. Glass Skins may share your information with these service providers. Glass Skins, however, requires, that any such third-party service provider only access and use such information as directed by Glass Skins and not share such information with unauthorised third parties.
- Glass Skins employees: Glass Skins personnel and authorised consultants and/or contractors may have access to member information in the normal course of Glass Skins business. We require that our employees and consultants or contractors access and use such information only as required to provide the Glass Skins services and do not share such information with unauthorised third parties.
- Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, member information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if Glass Skins, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, member information would be one of the assets that is transferred.
- Protection of Intellectual Property Rights: We may release certain personal information to a third-party that submits a complaint to Glass Skins that one or more of the designs you have uploaded to the site violates a copyright, trademark or other proprietary right. The information we disclose in response to an intellectual property complaint may include your name, e-mail address, mailing address or other information necessary for the third-party to contact you to address the alleged violation. We may also provide information concerning the timing and amount of any sales associated with an alleged infringing design.
- Tax Reporting: If you elect to sell one or more designs through Glass Skins website, we will release earnings and certain tax information to the Australian Taxation Office.
- User Profile information: Information collected during registration and subsequent visits, such as your full name and location, may be displayed to other Glass Skins users in your Profile. The Profile is the area on Glass Skins where we allow you to tell other community members about yourself and your interests.
- Public Profile: The screen name and public profile information that you submit upon registration will be searchable by other Glass Skins users unless you choose not to have a public profile.
- API Syndication: Glass Skins may develop an application program interface (API) that will enable approved third-party websites and software to interact with the site and upload Content, view publicly available Content and/or order products utilising Content that is made available for sale through the site. Any information or Content that you make publicly available on the site may be accessed and used by these third-party sites.
- With Your Consent: Except as noted above, we will contact you when your personal information is shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to opt out to prevent the sharing of this information.
Keeping Information Secure
Your Glass Skins account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. Protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
Glass Skins will use reasonable security measures to protect against any unauthorised access to and disclosure of your personally identifiable information. However, please note that we cannot guarantee its absolute security. In the event of a breach of security affecting personal information or data on our servers, we will take such notification and other steps as may be required under applicable law. If you have any questions regarding security on our website, please contact us directly.
Ways to Control Display and Use of Your Information
- As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, but then you may be unable to use certain features on our web site.
- By visiting your Profile, you can access, correct, amend, add or delete personal information on our website. When you update information, however, we often maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
- You may also manage the consents you have provided
- You may also request deletion of your Glass Skins account by emailing us.
- At any time, you may object to Glass Skins’ processing of your personal data and/or request a restriction of further processing. Such requests can be made by contacting us utilising the contact information below.
- If you do not wish to receive email from us or other Glass Skins members, please visit the Email Preferences section and/or follow the instructions contained in the unwanted email message. However, please note that you will continue to receive all system emails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords or order confirmation emails) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us unless you request a deletion of your account.
- Withdrawing your consent, as described above, will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent. We also reserve the right to keep any information in our archives that we deem necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
International Privacy Laws
You acknowledge and agree that, except for your Content, any data, materials or content, including but not limited to designs, text, photos, images, etc. or other material contained or distributed on or through the site by Glass Skins, or its Representatives (“site Content”) is protected by trademarks, service marks, patents, copyrights, or other proprietary rights and laws, and as between you and Glass Skins, shall belong to Glass Skins. You may not use, reproduce or distribute any site Content without the authorisation of the owner of such site Content, except for uses permitted by law.
You acknowledge and agree that the site and any software used in connection with the site (“Software”) contains proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. All such Software and the site shall remain the property of Glass Skins and you agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, reverse engineer or create derivative works based on the site or the Software, in whole or in part.
Copyright and Other Intellectual Property Policy
Glass Skins respects the intellectual property rights of others. We ask our members to do the same. Glass Skins, in its exclusive discretion, may terminate the accounts of users it believes may be infringing the copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights of others.
It is a Glass Skins policy to respond expeditiously to claims of infringement. Glass Skins will promptly process and investigate notices of alleged copyright and/or trademark infringement and will take appropriate actions under the applicable laws.
If you are a Rights Owner and believe in good faith that your copyrighted material has been posted on the site in violation of any applicable rights or licenses, and you want this material removed, you must provide the site with a written communication that details the information listed in this section. Please also note that under the Copyright Act any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability. You may wish to contact an attorney for legal assistance on this matter prior to submitting a notification.
To file a copyright infringement notification with us, you will need to send a written communication that includes substantially the following:
- a) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorised to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- b) a description of the copyrighted work(s) claimed to have been infringed;
- c) an identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing, including a link to or description of where the claimed infringing Content is located on our site so that Glass Skins is capable of finding and verifying its existence;
- d) contact information, including identification of the copyright owner, your name, address, telephone number, and email address
- e) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- f) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are authorised to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest involved.
Send the written infringement notice and the materials above to our “Designated Agent” at the following address:
Attn: Copyright Agent
PO Box 713, Morningside, QLD, 4170, AUSTRALIA
Upon receipt of notices complying, or substantially complying, with the DMCA and this section, Glass Skins will use its reasonable efforts to remove or disable access to any material claimed to be infringing or claimed to be the subject of infringing activity and to remove or disable access to any reference or link to material or activity that is claimed to be infringing
Warranty of Ownership and Non-infringement
YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU ARE THE OWNER OF THE CONTENT WHICH YOU SUBMIT AND THAT THE CONTENT DOES NOT INFRINGE UPON THE PROPERTY RIGHTS, INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS (E.G. COPYRIGHTS AND TRADEMARKS) OR OTHER RIGHTS OF OTHERS. YOU ALSO REPRESENT THAT THERE ARE NO OUTSTANDING DISPUTES IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROPERTY RIGHTS, INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OR OTHER RIGHTS IN THE CONTENT OR ANY PARTS OF THE CONTENT.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Glass Skins and Glass Skins officers, directors, employees and other Representatives harmless from all judgments, awards, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses, including but not limited to reasonable attorney’s fees, expert witness fees, and costs of litigation arising out of or based on (a) Content you submit, post to or transmit through the site, (b) your use of the site, (c) your connection to the site, (d) your violation of these Terms or (e) your violation of any rights of a third party.
You agree that Glass Skins, in its sole discretion, may terminate your user name, password, account (or any part thereof) or use of the site, and remove and discard any Content you may have contributed to the site, at any time for any reason or no reason. Glass Skins may also in its sole discretion and at any time modify the site, or any portion thereof, or discontinue providing the site, or any part thereof, with or without notice. Further, you agree that Glass Skins shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the site.
The site may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other websites or resources. Because Glass Skins has no control of such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that Glass Skins is not responsible for the availability of such sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that Glass Skins shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
Deleting Content or Accounts
If you wish to terminate your Glass Skins account, you may do so within your account settings.
If you choose to delete Content from the site, it will no longer be available or visible on the site. We may retain copies of Content in our archives to the extent required by our systems for backing up and protecting our database and website or for other administrative purposes. If you purchase Content and then delete it from your account, we preserve a copy of the Content in order to fulfil the order. Likewise, if you make Content available for sale to others and it is purchased before you delete the Content, we keep the Content in order to be able to fulfil the order. We do not use backup copies of deleted Content except as provided herein.
If you delete your account, Glass Skins reserves the right to keep any information in its archives that it reasonably determines is necessary to comply with its legal obligations. Glass Skins does not retain residual rights to deleted or retired work other than those outlined above.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THIS SITE AND THE INFORMATION, SERVICES, PRODUCTS, AND MATERIALS AVAILABLE THROUGH IT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, GLASS SKINS AND ITS REPRESENTATIVES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE, OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM GLASS SKINS OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS.
GLASS SKINS DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTY THAT (A) THE SITE, ITS CONTENT OR ANY PRODUCTS ORDERED THROUGH THE SITE, WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR (B) THAT THE SITE OR SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE, OR (C) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, OR (D) THAT DEFECTS, IF ANY, WILL BE CORRECTED.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ITS OWN NEGLIGENCE, SHALL GLASS SKINS OR ITS REPRESENTATIVES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE OR ANY PRODUCTS ORDERED THROUGH THE SITE. IN THE EVENT THAT YOU OBJECT TO ANY OF THESE TERMS OR ARE DISSATISFIED WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE, YOUR ONLY RECOURSE IS TO IMMEDIATELY DISCONTINUE YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND IN THE EVENT THAT ANY PRODUCTS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE ARE DEFECTIVE, YOUR REMEDY AND GLASS SKINS’ SOLE OBLIGATION SHALL BE RETURN OF THE DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS AND, UPON DETERMINATION BY GLASS SKINS OF SUCH DEFECTS, REFUND OF ANY AMOUNTS PAID BY YOU TO GLASS SKINS FOR SUCH DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS, LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
YOU AGREE THAT ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR THESE TERMS MUST BE FILED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER SUCH CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION AROSE OR BE FOREVER BARRED.
Pricing and Payment
Prices for products on the Glass Skins website are described and are incorporated into these Terms by reference. All prices are for the currency reflected on the Site in Australian Dollars (AUD) at the time of purchase plus applicable Sales Taxes (10% GST). Prices and products may change at Glass Skins’ discretion at any time. You agree that payment will be made for all products and services, taxes, shipping and handling fees once your order is placed and prior to any production by Glass Skins. You shall be responsible for payment of all shipping, insurance, customs charges and other transportation costs for shipment of products ordered by you through the site, unless otherwise stated on the site or agreed by Glass Skins (such as through a special offer).
The happiness of our customers is extremely important to us. Most Glass Skins orders are custom printed for the individual who orders it, which means that we cannot re-stock and/or re-sell materials. Orders made on behalf of a third party are still your responsibility. Any decision by the third party not to accept the particular printed items or to cancel an order with you does not void your obligation to Glass Skins.
If you receive a flawed or damaged order as a result of our print production process, we may be willing to replace it upon verification of the defective article. If you wish to return an order for some other reason, we are happy to work with you to make sure you are not stuck with material that you cannot use and don’t absolutely love. We will assess each case individually, however, cannot guarantee replacement will be granted.
A partial refund may be granted in some cases if your order has not commenced production, however, fees associated with file development, proofing or other services will still be applicable to the customer.
- Email us to start a return or reimbursement request before mailing your package to us.
- Please include all relevant information along with a photo of the issue and order number if applicable, for quicker processing.
- We do not offer prepaid return labels, so once you hear back from us with instructions, simply choose the shipping service that’s most affordable or convenient for you.
- You have 60 days to let us know if there’s an issue. Check your order promptly after you receive it to avoid missing the window.
Returns, once approved, can be mailed to:
PO Box 713, Morningside, Brisbane, Queensland, 4170, AUSTRALIA.
Fibreglass products are usually installed by professionals. We offer recommended installation approaches of our products, however, we cannot control how the product will be installed or used in its final stages. We therefore cannot guarantee installations performed by yourself or others.
Artwork, Printing and Production Times
No charges are incurred if artwork files are supplied in an acceptable Print Ready format. Please ensure your file format is correct and meets our requirements. Our art department is able to assist you with the setup and/or design of your product. Fees for this service are charged at a fixed or hourly rate plus sales taxes (10% GST).
Proofing & Errors.
Our graphics department will perform standard checks on submitted Print Ready artwork files before printing, however, you are entirely responsible for the content and accuracy of your Print Ready artwork files. Please proof all files carefully before submitting them for print. Glass Skins is not liable for any errors with the printed article as a result of any of the following but not limited to: spelling, grammar, image resolution, file colour space, transparencies, overprints, document crop marks, bleed, die lines, substituted or damaged fonts, page orientation, alignment or finish size. The cost of alteration and/or reprinting will be charged to the client.
Colour is complex and there are many different factors that can alter the way it is viewed. The main factors contributing to this are Light Source (e.g. Fluorescent Lamps V’s LED V’s Daylight), Perception, Surrounding Colours, Opponent Colours and Environment. Every computer monitor and even our own eyes interpret colour differently, therefore, graphics on screen are not an accurate colour representation of your final printed material. We always try to ensure that colours are as bright and accurate as possible.
Print Ready files submitted to Glass Skins will be reproduced as close as possible to the colours supplied in you file, however, exact colour matches may not be possible. Slight colour variations may even occur on reprints of the same material, as product batches may differ slightly in the initial manufacturing process prior to print.
Electronic files / proofs do not show transparency and overprint issues and they also do not show the colour change from RGB or Pantone to CMYK. Please understand that colour variations are inherent inconsistencies of the printing process, therefore, Glass Skins will not be liable for colour variations between the submitted file and the final printed product.
Colours displayed on your computer versus the printed version may not look exactly the same. If a particular colour is important, it’s always a good idea to order a test swatch or a Glass Skins Colour Chart before purchasing your printed item/s. A Glass Skins Colour Chart can serve as a colour management aid and provide you with a physical example of how colours will be closely reproduced on the same material. How the design looks on screen can be a good preview, but in the end, the only way to judge whether your colours will look as you expect them to, is by performing a test with a printed sample and using it in your final application.
Glass Skins are best suited for use on white base coloured products. Areas that are white in your design will not print on the fibreglass and will become transparent when laminating. If there is colour other than white under your Glass Skins on the item you are laminating, this will show through and alter the final colours of your printed Glass Skins. Some customers actually use this to their advantage to achieve varied results with their Glass Skins final appearance.
Topical treatments such as additional fibreglass layers, resins, gloss, matt or UV coatings may alter the final look of your print and Glass Skins cannot be held liable for this change in appearance.
Loss of Artwork.
All artwork provided to us must be a copy of your original. Utmost care is taken with the file you submit, however, we accept no responsibility for the loss of artwork files provided to us.
It is the responsibility of the client to obtain all necessary rights and licences required to reproduce logos or artwork not created by Glass Skins.
Print Production Schedule.
Our standard print schedule begins once print ready files are finalised and full payment has been received, not once an order is received. Our standard print processing times are generally 5-7 business days, however, these may be subject to change in peak periods. Public holidays, holiday periods and weekends are not considered part of our standard print production processing times.
Please note: shipping timeframes are separate to production schedules.
Title and risk of loss for all products ordered by you shall pass to you on Glass Skins’ delivery to the shipping carrier. You shall be responsible for payment of all shipping, insurance, customs charges and other transportation costs for shipment of products ordered by you through the site, unless otherwise stated on the site or agreed by Glass Skins (such as through a special offer).
Shipping times may vary and Glass Skins assumes no responsibility for delays caused by shipping carriers, weather or any damages resulting from the failure to receive a job on time. Your order may arrive late due to unforeseen delays in delivery services, equipment breakdown or other environmental factors out of our control. Glass Skins is responsible for the production of your order and submitting it to a carrier for shipping. We are not liable for any delay or damages which occur in transit.